Sunday, December 11, 2011

We the Redeemed, Hear us singing, You are Holy, You are Holy

These past couple weeks I have been worrying so much about what I'm going to be doing next year after the internship is done. I've been contemplating if I want to do another year of the internship or if I wanna start college or even just go into the work force and get my own apartment. This has been stressing me out so much, to the point of crying some nights because i work myself up so much.
I've been wanting to get this book in our book store at my church called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young that is a devotion and journal for everyday of the year. Every time I've tried to get this book, its either sold out or I'm broke when it is in stock. But my friend Daniel surprised me this morning with the book and I couldn't have been more ecstatic about finally getting my hands on this devotional. I rushed right to the cafe and opened it up to todays date and was ready to dive into it.
As soon as I opened it up and started reading, it amazed me how much it was speaking right to me. "Talk with Me about everything, letting the Light of my Presence shine on your hopes and plans...Do not try to hurry this process. If you want to work with Me, you have to accept My time frame. hurry is not in My nature." This was instantly like a wake up call for me and I really feel like these words were speaking directly to me and all the anxiety I was causing myself about my future. This is just a reminder to me that I need to calm down and stop worrying about the future for me that God already knows about and has everything planned for.
I love these God wake up calls (:

Psalm 36:9
"For with you is the fountain of life, in your light do we see light."

Hebrews 11:1
"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."

No comments:

Post a Comment