Tuesday, October 4, 2011

All you Need is Love

So as I said in my last blog, love and relationships has really been something God is working on me with. I feel like he’s tearing down everything I’ve once known about love and rebuilding it all about it Him. He’s opening my eyes to the kind of love that he shows me and how I need to have a love like that. Everything that I thought love was about, it now something that barley even matters. Our pastor, Matt Fry, has been doing a series on Love, which I find to be not just a “coincidence” but more of a God thing. He’s reading through 1 Corinthians 13, which is the book in the bible all about what Love is and that without it, everything is pointless. To me, it relates to God dying on the cross and the love he has for us because without that Love, his death would have done nothing.
            When it comes to love, I think the main problem with relationships is we tend to make them either all about ourselves or all about the other person. When we are supposed to be making God the main center and then everything else will fall into place. I pray God continues to broaden my understanding about Love and that he gives me the right mindset on how things are supposed to be when I do decide to date again.

No comments:

Post a Comment